Here at TELUS, we pride ourselves on our commitment to diversity and inclusiveness – it’s a mindset that each and every one of our team members embraces.
We don’t just talk the talk! We walk the walk – or should we say, march the march – in Pride parades across the country. In 2009, we created the Spectrum team, a resource group for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and allied (LGBTQA) team members. Nearly 1000 of our employees have joined Spectrum with the goal of making TELUS the most LGBTQA-friendly company in the communities where we live, work and serve. In addition to numerous other initiatives, our Spectrum team plans and organizes our presence at over 8 pride events across the country, the latest being Vancouver Pride.
We truly believe in making the future friendly #ForEveryone, which is why we took to the streets of Vancouver this past weekend to celebrate diversity, inclusiveness, and the LGBTQA community. On Sunday August 2, 184 friends, family and team members joined our jungle-themed float in the internationally-renowned Vancouver Pride Parade for one awesome party! In case you missed the celebrations, here are five of our favourite moments from this year’s events.
- Can you feel our excitement? The TELUS volunteers are ready to march!
- All 184 of our friends, family and team members!
- It’s a jungle out there. Zebras, and cheetahs, and critters, oh my!
- Who spotted our pride bus, Priscilla, during her inaugural run at Vancouver Pride?
- We’re always looking for a reason to celebrate. Proud to the support diversity of our customers and team!
Don’t forget to mark your calendars for the 2016 Vancouver Pride Parade next August long weekend. We’ll see you there!