Like many of you, I am saddened by news of one of the strongest typhoons on record hitting the Philippines. We would like to express our heartfelt sympathy to everyone effected. We feel it is our responsibility to do what we can to help our team members and customers connect with family and loved ones in the Philippines and support the international relief efforts.
We are touched and inspired by the efforts of individuals and organizations around the globe. We recognize the need for help and encourage you to help in whatever way you can. Here are a few ways you can provide support.
- Donate to the Typhoon Haiyan Fund via the Canadian Red Cross: http://bit.ly/HNfXEu
- Text REDCROSS or ROUGE to 30333 and $5 will be added to your next bill and donated to the Red Cross. The Canadian government has pledged to match all donations to the Canadian Red Cross for this tragedy, meaning your donation will double.
Our team is:
- Donating $100,000 to the relief effort – $50,000 to the Red Cross and $50,000 to local relief agencies through our TELUS International Philippines Community Board.
- Giving free home phone calls from B.C. and AB to the Philippines through Nov. 30.
- Making key news stations TFC (channel 2602) and CNN International (channel 827) free for the next week.
Together we can make a difference.