Owning an Android device is like having a little robot in your pocket – with the right app, you can easily find local restaurants, plan your schedule, balance your budget or even kick back with your favourite tunes!
We asked our own Androids what they thought were the best apps around. Here’s what they had to say:
Google Fit – ‘You didn’t want that cupcake anyway.’
A perfect companion for your healthy lifestyle, Google Fit is equipped with all the right features to help you reach your fitness goals.
- Monitor your progress live with update notifications throughout the day.
- Compatible with all Android Wear devices
- Connects with third-party fitness apps to display your health data all in one place.
Layout for Instagram – ‘Give me your likes!’
You can give your feed an overhaul with this handy app from the creators of Instagram! Adding a little extra spice to your images is made easy with its built-in tools.
- Combine up to 9 images with personalised layouts and collages.
- ‘Faces’ feature allows you to quickly find images with people in them.
- Easily share your creations to any of your favourite apps.
Hopper – ‘Hang on, I found you a cheaper flight’
Keep your travel budget in check with Hopper’s flight deal predictions.
- Save up to %40 on flights by using deal predictions
- Notifications when savings on recommended flights arise.
Snapseed – ‘You might want to throw a filter on that one’
Keep this powerful photo editing suite in the palm of your hands.
- Fine tune every detail like brightness, saturation, contrast, and more
- Several image-enhancing filters and effects to choose from
ES File Manager – ‘I know exactly where you stored that’
Navigating the inner archives of your android might be challenge for inexperienced users. ES file manager makes managing your files a breeze.
- Access to your device’s full storage
- Move files between your internal and expanded storage
Google Now – ‘I’ll keep it simple for you’
Simple is often the best approach for your device’s home screen. The Google Now launcher gives your device a clean user interface while keeping your favourite apps accessible.
- Quick access to Google Now features that provide you with timely and relevant content to fit your interests
- Clean user interface that’s easy to navigate
You need a budget – ‘I’ll keep a track of your impulse purchases’
YNAB is crucial for those looking to reach their financial goals. The app comes with a desktop companion to make it easy to access your finances where ever you are.
- Never be out of the loop with mobile and desktop options
- Back up your records to Dropbox seamlessly
Allcast – ‘I can stream everything anywhere!’
You’d be surprised how many devices are ready for universal plug and play (UPNP) streaming. All cast gives you the ability to stream your content to almost any UPNP device.
- Easily share your pictures, videos and music to any UPNP enabled device
Spotify –‘I’m basically a party in your back pocket’
Who wouldn’t want an entire music library one tap away? Spotify has become one of the most popular music streaming services around and for good reason.
- Create personal playlists based on your taste
- Access to 20 million songs
Feedly – ‘I’m a portable news caster!’
If you want to stay on top of your favourite sites, podcasts and YouTube channels then Feedly is for you.
- Pulls updates directly from your favourite RSS sources
- Quick updates and easy to navigate UI
- Build and sort your favourites
What are your favourite Android apps? Share them in the comments below.