From the launch of CraveTV™ to watching your favourite show on your tablet or smartphone while on the go, the way we consume TV content is rapidly evolving. That’s why we’re working harder and faster to meet the changing demands of our customers. We call today the Optik age; an entertainment era defined by the customer’s desire for flexibility, choice and freedom.
Today, Optik TV subscribers can choose from over 650 channels including over 185 in HD and 74 Stingray music channels and 8,000 On Demand titles. Subscribers, have the flexibility to watch programs anytime, anywhere by downloading our Optik on the go app or logging in to TV Everywhere apps using their Optik TV account.
This year proved to be an exciting one for Optik TV. We expanded the availability of our Optik on the go service to our Quebec customers and improved the app even more by making Optik on the go Live TV available on the web. Thanks to this update, you can now live stream your favourite shows from any device: TV, tablet, smartphone or desktop.
But this year, content was king. Over the course of the past year, with the help of great customer feedback, we’ve added a number of channels to our Optik TV and Optik on the go line-up including access to more TV Everywhere apps. Here are a few of our favourite 2014 additions:
- HISTORY GO: It’s time to tune in to entertaining and educational historical TV content. In March, we launched History GO on Optik. This great addition allows our subscribers to stay updated on their favourite programs, including Pawn Stars, Vikings, and Yukon Gold.
- A&E Channel App: In the same month, we announced the addition of A&E to our TV Everywhere line-up. Our subscribers can now access and explore all of the content A&E offers wherever they go, including shows like Storage Wars and Bates Motel. Best. Month. Ever.
- Hollywood Suite GO: This one is for our movie lovers! In the month of June, we welcomed Hollywood Suite GO to the Optik family. This app includes four channels: Warner Films, MGM Channel, Sony Movie Channel, and AXN Movies. Drama, comedy, action and adventure await you.
- CTV Optik on the go & CTV GO: In September, we introduced the ability for our customers to watch their favourite CTV shows from the palm of their hands. Now, all you have to do is sit back, relax and enjoy a few of your favourite guilty pleasures: The Big Bang Theory, Grey’s Anatomy and The Amazing Race.
- TSN Optik on the go & TSN GO: In September and October, we scored big! With Optik on the go, sports fanatics will never have to miss a second of the action with live streaming of all five TSN feeds. More extreme fans can also log-in to the TSN GO app to access other great features including up-to-the minute scores and stats.
- CNN GO & HLN GO: Breaking news in November! We added CNN and HLN to our TV Everywhere line-up to keep our mobile viewers in the know with the must-see, must-share stories of the day.
- CraveTV™: Happy Holidays indeed. In December, CraveTV became available to all Optik TV subscribers. This means access to a growing catalogue of exceptional content on Optik TV, including some of the most celebrated TV shows like Sex and the City, The Sopranos, Arrow, Seinfeld and Entourage.
With all of these great additions in 2014, we now offer a whopping 78 channels in our Optik on the go line-up and seven TV Everywhere apps.
The way we consume television is indeed changing and the TELUS Optik TV team is constantly innovating to bring even more amazing content to our customers. I can’t wait to see what’s in store in 2015!